A Pakistani court hearing the case of seven men, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks has adjourned the hearing for six weeks, a defence lawyer said on Monday.
In the audio clip, he is heard directing the attack on Chabad House during Mumbai 26/11 terror attacks.
"We are not yet sure when to ask for consular access. We may not ask for it. He is involved in a heinous crime," an unnamed senior official told the Dawn newspaper.
A top Pakistani official has sought to doubt the authenticity of the letter written by Ajmal Amir Iman Kasab, the lone gunman captured for the Mumbai terror attacks, to seek legal aid from the Pakistan government.Interior Secretary Syed Kamal Shah claimed the language and content of the letter did not "match those of a real Pakistani".Questioning the authenticity of the letter written by Iman alias Ajmal Kasab, Shah repeated interior ministry chief Rehman Malik's contention.
Chief Pakistan prosecutor in the Mumbai terror attacks in 2008, Chaudhry Azhar says the bail will lead to unusual delays in the case. Shahzad Raza reports from Islamabad.
It's been seven years since 10 Pakistani terrorists arrived by sea route and opened fire indiscriminately at different sites in Mumbai, killing 166, including 18 security personnel, and injuring several others, besides damaging property worth crores.
Israel Ansari and Sajida Khatoon were ecstatic on Wednesday morning after news broke that Ajmal Amir Kasab, convicted for his role in the 26/11 terrorist attacks in Mumbai was hanged to death at Pune's Yerwada Jail.
The intercepted conversation between the executors of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack and their Pakistani handlers during the carnage will be played in the Supreme Court on Thursday after the prosecution said it was an important evidence showing the strikes were "pre-planned".
Here's everything you need to know about Barrack 12 at Arthur Road jail, where Mallya may be lodged As we await the next move, here's everything you want and need to know about Barrack 12 at Arthur Road Jail.
A ten-year-old girl, who was disabled after being seriously injured in the terror attack on Mumbai on November 26 last year, on Wednesday identified arrested terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, as one of the two men who had fired indiscriminately at passengers inside the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. Devika was among the three witnesses to depose before the court regarding the terror strike at the CST rail terminus.
The Pakistani handlers of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba, who attacked Mumbai during the 26/11 terror attacks, wanted to obtain the release of captured gunman Ajmal Amir Kasab in exchange for the hostages held by the terrorists, an indictment chargesheet for two suspects has said.
The drama at the special court in Mumbai's Arthur Road Jail, which is the venue for the trial of the Mumbai terror attacks case, continued on Thursday. A day after Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested during the terror siege on Mumbai last year, urged the special court to punish him by hanging, his lawyer Abbas Kazmi told the court that he wanted to withdraw from the case.However, Kazmi later changed his mind and agreed to continue with the case.
Over 100 activists staged a protest and pelted stones at the residence of Anjali Waghmare, appointed by a special court to represent Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested during the terror attack on Mumbai in November last year, on Monday night. Following the attack, Waghmare has reportedly withdrawn from the case, but no official confirmation about her withdrawal was available.
The Bombay High Court has issued a notification directing the immediate constitution of a special court in the Arthur Road jail premises in Mumbai, to conduct the trial against Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone arrested terrorist in the November 26 terror attacks.The Mumbai Crime Branch is likely to file its chargesheet in the case on February 24, sources said.Special public prosecutor Ujwal Nikam and Rakesh Maria, gave final touches to the chargesheet.
Sultanpur, a village in Maharashtra with a population of around 1,000 and 600 houses, will now be known as 'Rahul Nagar' as the local residents have changed its name in memory of its native, who laid down his life while fighting terrorists during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks in 2008.
The Shiv Sena on Monday said it was not surprising to see the Bharatiya Janata Party winning the Maharashtra Assembly Speaker's election as the Sena was broken and 'someone from the party' was pitted against it.
Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist captured in the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai, on Friday stood his ground in the witness box while recording his statement under Section 313 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (Power to examine the accused).
Mayura Janwalkar travels to Kedambe, a tiny village in Maharashtra's Satara district, now better known as 26/11 hero Tukaram Omble's home. An excerpt from 26/11 Stories Of Strength by The Indian Express.
State of Siege 26/ 11 leaves you shocked and wide-eyed, says Joginder Tuteja.
A year ago, Kia Scherr lost her husband and 13-year-old daughter in the Mumbai terror attacks. Yet, reports Arthur J Pais from Virginia, USA, they remain a constant presence in her life, as she channels grief into service.
Hafiz Saeed, chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, the fountain head of terror groups including Lashkar-e-Tayiba, continued to financially support the perpetrators of 26/11 Mumbai attacks even after the incident in 2008.
The ED made the submission before special judge Vikas Dhull while opposing Jain's plea seeking contempt proceedings against the agency for allegedly leaking the videos to the media.
A senior police officer said the terrorists, allegedly dressed in army fatigues, ambushed a Srinagar-bound convoy of the BSF.
A Pakistani judicial commission will travel to India on September 11 to cross-examine key witnesses of the Mumbai terror attacks, prosecutors informed a court on Wednesday.
Pakistan's former national security adviser Mahmud Ali Durrani on Monday said the 26/11 Mumbai attack was carried out by a terror group based in Pakistan and called it a "classic" example of cross-border terror.
A Pakistani company had sold eight Japanese Yamaha engines to one of the 2008 Mumbai attack facilitators who supplied them to terrorists.
The seventh anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, which had claimed lives of 166 people and left hundreds injured, would be observed on Thursday.
Veteran industrialist Ratan Tata, who headed Tata group whose iconic hotel in Mumbai was one of the sites of the 26/11 terror attacks, on Thursday penned a heartfelt tribute saying the wanton destruction that took place 12 years ago will never be forgotten.
India has given a written assurance to Pakistan that a legal panel of that country will be allowed to cross examine four witnesses in the 26/11 attacks case when it visits Mumbai for the second time.
Makki and other LeT/JUD operatives "have been involved in raising funds, recruiting and radicalising youth to violence and planning attacks in India, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)," the sanctions committee said, providing a statement for the reasons of Makki's listing.
The FIA said the allegation that he had financed one of the arrested suspects in Mumbai case could not be proved after thorough investigation.
He also said that when it comes to proscribing some terrorists, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has 'regrettably' been unable to act in some cases because of 'political considerations'.
We have repeatedly asked India to refrain from accusations, says Pakistan's foreign office
The 1975 batch IAS officer joined the BJP after his retirement in 2013.
An eight-member Pakistani judicial commission will leave for India on September 21 to cross-examine the Mumbai terror attack witnesses and to carry forward the much-delayed trial in Islamabad.
A Pakistani judicial commission's visit to India to cross-examine witnesses of the Mumbai terror attacks has been delayed because of the 10-day Ganesh Chaturthi festival, a defence lawyer said on Tuesday.
'Their sacrifice will never be erased from the memory of time and history'
Family members of the martyred personnel and survivors of the daring strike recalled the harrowing moments and pledged support to efforts to root out terrorism.
A controversy has erupted over the burial place of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon in Mumbai, with the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party claiming the grave was 'beautified' and attempts made to turn it into a shrine of sorts.
In such big cases, approver makes the task easier to prove someone guilty in the court of law, says M N Singh.